Thursday, October 26, 2006

Whirlwind of a Week!



Well we had a surprise visit from Jason's parents last weekend and into the week. They were here from Monday to Sunday and it was quite the visit. We had been trying to plan a week for them to come up sometime in October but it didn't look like it would work out. Then we get a call Friday night saying they were going to be here on Monday just 2 days away and they were coming for a week. The reason being is that Bertha's boss owed her some money and he booked the tickets for them without giving them any say in the dates or times. We were so caught off guard by the whole thing Jason wasn't really able to take any time off of work because of it. So anyways the whole point in them coming up was to visit with us and also to help us with some projects which we had to figure out what we were going to do because we hadn't planned on any of this. So we had them help us in our new office to get that started. Bertha was a working machine!!!! First off the room was completely trashed with construction mess from other projects, she and I were able to organize it in a day and get rid of a bunch of junk. We also finally got rid of our garage sale junk we had left over!!! Why didn't I do that sooner, The Salvation Army took almost everything we had!!!! Anyhoo, Jason would work on the lighting and ceiling with his Dad after work each night so we have new lighting, new ceiling and it's also texturized! It looks great. We went out to one of our favorite restaurants one of those nights, My Greek Kitchen and had a nice meal but after that we were in Lowe's or the "Club" as we call it picking out paint and materials for that room. The rest of the week Bertha worked her butt off painting it!!! She was so meticulous! I helped when I wasn't feeling nauseous. We picked warm coffee colors and will probably do a coffee theme in there. There is still a lot to do like replacing the flooring with radiant heat and tile as well as window treatments and trim but for the most part it's complete thanks to Mom and Dad Wheaton! The pic above is the after results. I was so physically and mentally drained from the week, I'm glad it's over. On our way to VT to bring them to their hotel Sunday night we got a call from our good friends Chris & Lea they wanted to come and visit this weekend, which they are!! We won't be working though it will be a nice relaxing visit with some good friends! They come in tomorrow night and will probably leave on Sunday afternoon.

In other news, I'm officially 7 mos. pregnant as of yesterday! Boy did I feel it too! My stomach was so hard and it was kind of painful. The only time I felt good yesterday was when I was sleeping. I know it will probably get worse and I'm ready for it to be over with. I find myself increasingly getting nervous as my due date approaches with lightening speed!!!!! It's only 11 weeks and 6 days away! I'm officially freaked!!!! The baby is still breech and she has been that way the entire time, if she doesn't turn in time I may have to have a c-section, it's all so scary to me the whole process, I know it should be a natural thing but this is my biggest fear coming true! I guess once I've conquered this I won't be scared of much. So that's about it from here!

No comments: